CamelBak Women’s Hydration Pack Review
Staying hydrated during intense workouts is key to keeping your energy up. As you move around, your body depletes itself of vital water, which your body is mostly made up off.
A water bottle is very limited on how much it can carry, especially for prolonged activity. Carrying too many of them at once can be bulky and put you off balance. Using a hydration pack is a smarter choice, as you won’t have to lift a finger to use it.
A hydration pack like the CamelBak Women’s Hydration Pack is a drinking pouch that just gained popularity in the past few years. Hydration packs are designed to allow the user to drink without using their hands. When it comes to backpacking, climbing, or biking the rocky trails, it’s essential to have both hands ready, making these products a must-have.
If you’re looking for a minimalistic hydration pack, then you can’t go wrong with this model. It features a lightweight design that enables you to carry a decent capacity of beverage for a two-hour hike.
The overall design of the CamelBak Women’s Hydration Pack is simple but still provides a bit of edge with two color options namely deep purple with graphite and cherry tomato with pitch blue. Designed to be ergonomic, the pack features a comfortable lining that adjusts to the curvature of your body.
Who Is This Product For?
The pack itself is geared towards active women who are looking for a way to stay hydrated. Overall, the pack can be used by anyone regardless of gender. However, the pack may rest better on the shoulders and back of a person with a petite build.
The package comes with the CamelBak Women’s Hydration Pack with dimensions of 13 x 8.7 x 3.9 inches and weight of about 5.3 ounces. The straps are already attached to the bag, so no need to worry about that.
Overview of Features
Here are the things that the CamelBak Women’s Hydration Pack offers:
- Delivers more water: The open valves allow the pack to deliver up to 20% more water than a water bottle. It functions with an on and off lever, which makes it easy to control and prevent leaks from occurring. The pack itself is durable and tear resistant.
- Ergonomic design: The bag has an ergonomically designed handle which allows you to fill the pouch without a problem. Other bags tend to be hard to fill because of the loose fabric, but the particular design of this bag prevents this problem.
- Mesh material: As for the material, it’s made from a lightweight, breathable, and comfortable mesh. This makes it easy to wear on high-activity events such as running, hiking, or climbing. You won’t be overheated or annoyed by the buildup of sweat on your back.
- Reflective accents: Among the most important issues when doing sports is always to wear some type of reflective clothing. If you’re working out in the morning or afternoon, you’ll need to keep yourself visible and safe. This hydration pack comes with a reflective accent, enabling other people to see you in low-light environments.
- Women’s fit: The fit of this hydration pack is specifically designed for women. It features a short back panel which comes with an ergonomic design and patented S-curve harness to help ensure that it sticks to your body while you’re active.
How to Use
It’s always good to give your hydration pack a few rinses before you use it, as this can get rid of that “chemical” taste that some bags have. Second, fill up the pack with water to the fill line.
Don’t exceed or else you may find your pack leaking down your back. Adjust the straps, harness, etc. to your body, and you’re ready for your activity.
Use the on-and-off nozzle to signify when you want the water flowing and use the tube to suck water from the pack. Once you’re done, turn the valve off and make sure to drain the tube before starting on your journey again, as they tend to drip.
A more affordable alternative is the Freemove 2L Hydration Pack. This pack is crafted from durable and flexible TPU and keeps the water tasteless.
Unlike other packs, this doesn’t include harsh chemicals such as BPA and is FDA approved. The mouth tube features a shut-off valve but also has a large opening for when you want to chug water.
It also comes with a cleaning kit that can help clean out any buildup in the tubes. This is very important if you’re going to use the hydration pack regularly. Overall, it doesn’t have the same comfort that the CamelBak doesn’t, but it’s more affordable and holds up to three liters of water at once.
However, it’s lacking in both design and look. It comes with basic straps that can be adjusted. Unfortunately, no real color or designs is being put into the pack. Nonetheless, it does get the job done.
Any outdoor adventurer can’t go wrong with bringing the Camelbak Women’s Hydration Pack. It is easy to use and will keep you hydrated during daytime, dusk, or dawn without worrying about your safety and hydration level.